Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A Nod to Unposted

Find myself tongue-tied today, or maybe on a keyboard it’s called finger-tied. Not a whole lot rattling around in my noggin. Think I’m numbed by the truly nasty weather picture outside these windows. Let’s just say it’s too wet and too cold. Now that I think about it, the numbness could be instead a case of stunned speechlessness unrelated to weather.


I read a book a couple or years back that I thought was an okay read, a good story and well-written, but not anything that knocked me off my chair. The book was Bernhard Schlink’s The Reader. Yesterday I rented a DVD of the movie version, for which I believe Kate Winslet won all sorts of acting awards last year. There’s no surprise to that after watching her performance in the movie, directed by Stephen Daldry, and also starring Ralph Fiennes. I really was dumbstruck for an hour or so after watching this tremendously moving picture. See it if you haven’t already.


I want to offer my thanks to Nrepose at Unposted for his January 11 post which included the Richard Jarvis comments about using certain inks, the risks and the problems that can arise with a pen and its ink when we are not careful. Very helpful ideas from someone who obviously knows what he’s talking about. Thanks for sharing that, Nrepose.


A postscript to that… One thing I have heard, as well as experienced in my own pens is the risk of clogging a pen’s feed with careless use of the De Atramentis wine series of inks. Any of those inks can bring on a wee bit of inky constipation in a pen’s feed. I understand the same is also true of the Kiwaguro carbon black ink made by Sailor, but I’ve personally had no trouble with that one.


The blurry photo here shows three De Atramentis wine inks, from left to right: Merlot, Dornfelder and Barbaresco. In the foreground is Sailor’s Kiwaguro black carbon ink.

1 comment:

  1. Bleets,
    Thanks for the nod. I think it is great that readers like Richard will take the time to share their experiences in order to help others. I always enjoy getting emails from readers because It makes what I am doing even more worthwhile. Thanks again. Nr

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Oak Hill, Florida, United States
A longtime expat relearning the footwork of life in America