Thursday, May 20, 2010

Empty Writing Desk

Haven’t posted anything about pens or ink in the past few weeks. Couple of reasons for that. For the time being I am getting by with a minimum of pens and ink, little to play with, and little to talk about. I can’t write about what I don’t have. It should be another two or three weeks before my boxes arrive from Tokyo. In spite of that I do have a desire to write again soon about what this blog really started out with—pens, ink and paper.


For the moment, the best I can do is report that I’ve ordered some ink and paper from writersbloc, taking a hint from Julie at Whatever. I meant to order some Clairefontaine Triomphe stationery, but that got lost in my hunger for journal and ink. For a long time I’ve wanted to try one of the Exacompta Club Leatherette journals. At the same time, I’ve had my eye on the J. Herbin Anniversary Ink, Rouge Hematite. I ordered both journal and ink from writersbloc and look forward to taking that Rouge Hematite for a whirl in a Pelikan fountain pen on the pages of an Exacompta journal. I’ll write about that soon.


Don’t miss the very interesting bits of information about the Rouge Hematite at Quo Vadis; two short but outstanding posts here and here.

1 comment:

  1. ah, you should have ordered the Clairefontaine Triomphe too!!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Oak Hill, Florida, United States
A longtime expat relearning the footwork of life in America