Monday, October 18, 2010

Is it Halloween Yet?

I love this ink. Orange ink has always been a shade I enjoy using, and it has been a long time in finding the one that prompts a sudden, “That’s it!” with the first stroke of color on the page. Diamine Pumpkin, the perfect orange, with the perfect timing (two weeks before Halloween), and all the right qualities.


With only a small Inkdrop sample from Brian Goulet, I wasn’t able to try the Pumpkin ink in more than one fountain pen. That proved to be something of a drawback because the pen I chose has what I call a stingy nib, laying down a line drier than I prefer. Shading looks great; no disappointment in the saturation. With the right pen, or wetter nib, this Diamine Pumpkin is going to be a star in my weekly ink rotation. Kudos to Diamine and thanks to Brian Goulet.


The second photo here shows a comparison of six different ‘orange’ inks. A quick look and anyone uninterested in ink will say that they are all the same. The subtleties of digital reproduction also complicate the differences, but hopefully some of my ink-mad readers will distinguish some difference in the six colors.


From top to bottom:

Sailor Jentle Ink • Persimmon (a custom mix)

Iroshizuku • Yu-yake

Iroshizuku • Fuyu-gaki

Caran d’Ache • Saffron

Edelstein • Mandarin

Diamine • Pumpkin

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed Pumpkin! It really is a great color. I am personally a fan of all the Ink Drop color we chose for this month, fall just lends itself to so many great ink colors! Thank you for the shoutout and the links!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Oak Hill, Florida, United States
A longtime expat relearning the footwork of life in America