Saturday, November 21, 2009

Starting Gate


First time post in this blog and I’m a little unsure of the best way to get the ball rolling. Huge number of terrific blogs just a mouse click away, and that thought is a little intimidating for greenhorn me. Jumping around different Internet sites is nothing new, but it’s only in the last two weeks that I’ve discovered the beauty of personal blogs, and realized there are people out there I can share thoughts and ideas with, and at the same time create a cozy little personal meeting place for like minds. Can't promise my thoughts and scribbles will always be on the same target, but there’s a good chance that either fountain pens, ink, journals, books, movies, or the occasional newly discovered shop or restaurant will find a place in these pages.


I’ll stick a picture here that could be titled “Three of my Favorite Things.” Most people might say they rarely see me without this brown, unlined Noble Note journal, and the Sailor Naginata fountain pen filled with Pilot ‘Ajisai’ blue ink from the Iroshizuku series. The pen has a 21k medium nib adjusted to my preferences by Nobuyoshi Nagahara, who many in Japan call “the god of fountain pens.” Sorry for the poor quality of the photo, but this one was taken with my iPhone, and hardly comes up to most of the photos I see in other blogs. I’m looking to get some advice on how to prepare better photos for posting. Bear with me until I work it out.



Reading a 1985 Don DeLillo book now, White Noise. Once more I find myself thinking, “How did I miss this book when it first came out?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Oak Hill, Florida, United States
A longtime expat relearning the footwork of life in America