Monday, November 23, 2009

Tis the Season for Pilot's Yama-guri

I am a big fan of the Pilot Iroshizuku series of inks, and often find I can’t settle on a favorite among the seventeen different colors available now. But then, why should one have to choose a favorite when such an abundance of colors allows room to fit or satisfy the mood you’re in, or the mood you want in a letter or card. Today I bought the second shade of brown in the series, the Yama-guri (Mountain Chestnut), which is darker and richer than the companion shade of Iroshizuku brown, called Tsukushi (Horsetail). I’ve scribbled some lines, made some comparisons and sort of arrived at an opinion of this Yama-guri. In the end, I could summarize this ink in only two words: “Bravo, Pilot!”


Clicking on the photo below might bring up a larger and easier to see picture of the comments about the Iroshizuku Mountain Chestnut.


1 comment:

  1. Great post, Bleets. I'm not much on brown inks, but your review is making me re-rhink the Yama-Guri. What makes the Pelikan Souveran 600 your favorite for showing off ink?

    Are you posting this to the Fountain Pen Network and/or StyloForum?

    Hmmmm--a contact in Japan and my favorite ink is Iroshizuku. (And my favorite chocolate is Mary's!) :)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Oak Hill, Florida, United States
A longtime expat relearning the footwork of life in America