Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Summer House

Imagine a summer house, a summer house oceanside.


Driving around New Smyrna Beach, taking random turns through first-time neighborhoods, having a look at residential areas off the oceanfront, the car rounded a curve revealing the house in the photos here. The surprise may have caused me to commit a traffic violation, but not a soul was around and I parked for a few minutes to admire the house.


Just a guess, but the house appeared to be unoccupied at the time. Maybe a weekend retreat, or summer house. Don’t know. What you can’t see in the photos is the view looking out from the front yard, with its geometry of stepping stones. The property faces the Intercoastal Waterway which separates New Smyrna Beach and other communities from the mainland and includes a dock for boats.


I have no details, but something makes me think the home belongs to an architect. Maybe a story I heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Oak Hill, Florida, United States
A longtime expat relearning the footwork of life in America