Saturday, May 1, 2010

Ink At Last

This past month or more has seen me at something of a disadvantage in the matter of available fountain pens and ink for my daily use. There are some who would describe my needs as a bit extreme, but having at my fingertips at least three pens and three different inks is most comfortable in my case. So, where is the problem? Most of my pens and most of my ink was carefully wrapped and boxed for shipping last month. I kept out for use during the move to Florida only six pens, each filled with a different ink, and only one spare bottle of ink (Athena Sepia). Little by little the ink in those six pens got used, and before too very long four of the pens were empty. For the past two weeks I have been very limited in fountain pens still holding any ink, apart from the Sailor 1911 with Athena Sepia ink.


Arriving at the beach condo today solved much of the problem. I have here small spare bottles of about ten different inks in a wide range of colors, ink that I have brought here in the past few years. Some of those inks (see the small white capped bottles in the photograph) are: Waterman Florida Blue, Private Reserve Dakota Red, Sailor O-cha Green, Pelikan Violet, Montblanc Black and De Atramentis Hans Christian Andersen Green. I am satisfied now that I have enough ink, and in a good variety of colors, at least until my boxes arrive here from Tokyo.


Lots of unpacking of stored things on my first day at the beach. That, and putting things in order around the place, as well as setting up the two computers took up most of the day. I did take two or three breaks to sit out on the patio and gaze for a while at my immediate neighbor, the blue green Atlantic. It surprised me to see a few people swimming. The water is sure to be very cold in early May, and I wouldn’t dare it myself, but I counted about ten people out in the water up to their shoulders. Think I will hold off until July.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Oak Hill, Florida, United States
A longtime expat relearning the footwork of life in America