Friday, April 30, 2010

Wheels

Not an ordinary day around here. There was no particular idea or plan for this Friday, and the morning started out run of the mill. Thought I might sit at Panera for an hour or so, order some coffee and read or write a little. Maybe start packing up my stuff and getting ready to leave town and go to the beach tomorrow. No special plans. As I was leaving the house about 11:30, I called the people who were helping me buy a car, and after some discussion we decided I should look around a little more. But in fact, I did already have another idea in mind, something I found flipping through car pages on the Internet.


Putting aside the notion of Panera for a while, I drove directly to the dealer which I had seen in my page flipping earlier. I thought I would take a look; ask a few questions…


I stayed four hours at the car dealership and when it was over I was driving the car shown in the photos attached here. Actually kind of a big thing for me, seeing as how for more than twenty years I’ve been without a car. Now, I’m trying not to get too excited about it, but it really is a cool car.


For those like me who don’t easily recognize makes and models, the cool red car is a 2009 Toyota Corolla LE. It drives great, has a clean look inside and out, and it came with a terrific owner’s package of warranty protection. One of the concerns of keeping a car at the beach is the difficulty with the salt air, the sun, wind and sand. The Toyota came with long and complete coverage of repair and refurbishment due to the beach conditions. Good deal, I thought. Tomorrow the car will get a test run on fifty miles of highway between town and the beach. I expect good results.


2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new car - we bought a new one for G last week.

    I love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Oak Hill, Florida, United States
A longtime expat relearning the footwork of life in America